Sunday, April 7, 2013

Trying…

A couple weeks ago I was asked to find some pictures of my class for our school’s yearbook.  As I scrolled through the hundreds of pictures I’ve taken since August I seriously almost cried!  I have so many events and memories that I have yet to document and as the days go by it makes my anxiety rise by the second!

I have been talking with many friends lately on what’s the best method to keeping up with pictures.  I had decided when McKenna was born not to print off pictures, rather to make photo books.  Well, 6 months into making monthly books I fell apart and couldn’t keep up with that, my blog, and everyday life!

I do worry about when the girls go to school and need a picture from their baptism, or 3rd birthday.  I’m going to have to search HARD to find them, as we’ve had three computers since McKenna was born.

My desk downstairs is completely full with random pictures over the last three years- where to start?  I do not know!  I am looking for suggestions, especially now that baby #2 is here I need to get with the program…. YESTERDAY!

Until then I’m going to focus on the things I do have done:

All of my pictures are uploaded to Shutterfy and I have plans to get them on an external hard drive. (I’ve had it sitting on my counter for nearly four months now, ugh.)

Kamryn’s “Belly Book” is complete- 40 weeks of journaling and pictures

Kamryn’s Baby Calendar is up to date- notes written EVERYDAY since she was born

I’ve completed three Shutterfly Photobooks documenting our maternity session, Kamryn’s newborn pictures, as well as her birth story (just waiting for that one to arrive!)

Kamryn’s birth announcement/thank yous are mailed

babybooks

My next job is to continue blogging.  You would think this is a simple task but it is time consuming!  I swear Kamryn doesn’t want me to blog because EVERYTIME I sit down to blog she wakes up after just being put down, needs to be fed, or just wants to be held!  Tonight I worked on making photo collages for an hour with one hand.  Just think of the progress I could make with two!

I have to remember that I can only do so much.  I’m going to take occasional naps and go to bed early rather than stress out about getting things done.  I’m going to play games and read books with McKenna. And I’m going to give Kamryn a few extra snuggles.  Before you know it my girls will be all grown up and gone and I’ll have all the time in the world to get things done.  (Okay maybe not all the time in the world!)  Being a mommy and loving on my girls is my number one job right now.  For everything else, I’m just going to TRY… 

No comments: