Our little lady is one month already! McKenna’s one month pictures were taken in the same outfit. :) Click here to see her pictures- One Month Pictures.
On the eve of her one month “birthday”, I started looking for the monthly stickers. I also went back and looked at my one month post for McKenna. It wasn’t until then that I remembered that I borrowed the stickers from my friend Kami! Just one more reminder of why I blog and why I need to do a better job of keeping up with it!
The Wilkinson’s also have the same set of stickers and had them out handy so Staci brought them for us to use. Thank you!!
I forgot how much fun these pictures can be! Okay, I definitely didn’t forget! Even at one month they can be challenging. (Kamryn kept falling over in her chair!) Matt has pretty much refused to help me this time around so we shall see how they turn out each month!! (He thinks I’m crazy for trying to get them to sit for ‘just the right picture’ each month!! :) )
One of the reasons it’s taken me awhile to write this post is because I’ve been trying to decide how I want to document each month. Whatever I do for this post will be continued for the next 11 months so I want to make sure I do it right from the start! (Could I change it each month? Yes! But am I anal? Yes!!)
I’ve decided that I will try to write about your size, eating and sleeping habits, as well as your likes and dislikes. Since I’m documenting daily activities in your baby book, I’ve decided not to write about new adventures on the monthly posts!
A friend of mine sent me a site with cheap monthly stickers so I decided to get some so I didn’t have to hassle Staci to get hers each month! When they arrived I took Kamryn’s picture for month one. It’s amazing how she looks so much older when it was only two weeks later!
At ONE MONTH you weigh 10 lbs. 3.5 oz and wear size one diapers. You were able to wear newborn/ 0-3 month clothes for about the first two weeks before having to pack them away! 3 month clothes have fit you from the beginning, especially the hand me downs since they’ve been washed. The outfit you wore home from the hospital was 3 months. We just had to roll the sleeves and pants a little!
At ONE MONTH you are a good sleeper. I’m sure many people would say that you are an amazing sleeper! At two weeks you were already having a 6 hour stretch at night. Now at one month you regularly have a 6-7 hour stretch, followed by a 3-4 hour stretch! At bedtime you sleep in the Pack N’ Play in our bedroom. You are swaddled with your hands straight down. It’s funny because you like to grunt while being swaddled! If you aren’t fully asleep you will squirm because you would prefer to have your arms out! If I don’t get it tight enough you will get them out!
At ONE MONTH you’ve only been breastfeed. Mommy is planning to start pumping very soon so we can start trying out a bottle! During the day you eat every 3-4 hours. There have only been a few occasions where you needed to be fed before 3 hours. Since this is the second time around mommy is not as quick to feed you when you are fussy! At night I always feed you before I go to bed, even if it’s only been a couple hours since your last feeding. This allows me to only have to get up once in the night! I’m amazed at how content you are even during feedings. You nurse on one side and then I change your diaper. Instead of freaking out like your sister you just lay there so relaxed. I’m not sure you would even cry if I decided not to feed you on the other side!
At ONE MONTH you are hard to burp! There have been numerous nights that I’ve spent more time trying to get your burped than I have feeding you! This can be frustrating but I know that if you don’t burp you won’t get settled and will wake back up after being laid down. The most successful way to burp you is to have you sitting and leaning over my hand. You have the cutest scrunchie face when trying to get burped! Did I mention you have the LOUDEST burps ever?!
A ONE MONTH you enjoy taking naps in the swing or bouncy seat. You like your paci and you like snuggling with your mom. (And you mom likes snuggling with you!) You prefer mommy over daddy and we’re both okay with that!
There are so many things that I just love about you. I love the way you smell and the way you “ball up” when picked up. I love your little nose, fingers, and toes and your open mouth kisses. I love your big blue eyes and your little smiles. There is so much to love about you!
Thank you for being such an easy going baby. You are content during baths, having your clothes changed, and even during diaper changings! The one time of the day you can be fussy is around supper time, although I’m not sure I can say you are a fussy baby! You have made the transition from a family of three to a family of four a pretty easy one and we are so grateful for that. Now your sister on the other hand… :/
1 comment:
Love her! She looks so old and adorable in these pics!
Post a Comment