Friday, April 12th:
McKenna and I were invited to join our friends for a date night at the Children’s Playhouse in Waterloo. They had extra tickets to the play Lilly’s Purple Plastic Purse and wondered if we wanted to join them!
We started at McDonald’s (Yum!) for supper before the play. We wanted to pick somewhere quick because we didn’t want to have them wait and use up all their patience before the play even started! Main Street Sweets and Purse-N-ality sponsored the play so they had the most adorable little purses for sale along with candy and cookies! The girls had a hard time picking out which purse they wanted. I tried to steer McKenna towards the purple sparkly purse but she was set on a red leopard print. :) Violet and Alaina both chose teal sparkly purses! I let McKenna keep the change in her purse and boy did she think she was special! During the play she would check to make sure her “monies” were still there. At intermission she was able to treat us to cookies and bottled water! She even had 3 quarters leftover- what a deal!
The girls did great! McKenna stood for a lot of it so she could see a little bit better. Not once did she ask if it was time to go. We are going to work on indoor voices though before our next play. When Lilly started singing the ABCs out of order McKenna (very loudly) says, “Mom! That’s not how the song goes!” A couple other times she got pretty excited and forgot to whisper. :) I loved how excited she was about the whole experience!
We had such a great time that I’ve already signed up for tickets for next season! Adult tickets are $36 and kid tickets are $4 for four plays. Who can beat $10 a play for two?!
No comments:
Post a Comment