Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Daycare

Well it only took 3 years, 4 months, and 19 days before our child decided she would make a beautiful design on the WALL… and princess castle… and toddler play table!

Danielle invited the daycare kids over to their house for lunch on Lily’s birthday.  I decided Kamryn and I would join after our weekly Fareway trip!  When I walked in I noticed Kenna had something on her face.  When I looked at Shannon (our daycare provider) she had that look on her face.  “Well, it’s been a bit of a rough morning.”  This came as no surprise to me as we had had an extremely rough morning before leaving for daycare!

To make a long story short, Jordann (nearly 4) drew on McKenna’s face with purple marker and then McKenna wrote all over the wall with the same marker!!!  We aren’t quite sure who drew the lovely design on the princess castle and play table, but I think majority of it was our daughter! 

Looking at her made me laugh and listening to her tell the story made me laugh.  Looking at the damage done made me very angry!!  I felt so bad for what she had done.  Our trusty Norwex “Magic Eraser” and cloth took everything off the toys, but we had a much harder time with the wall.  Unfortunately the color has only been lighten…. Looks like a painting project will be happening this summer!!

I guess the good news is it could have been much worse.  We are thankful this is the probably the naughtiest thing she’s done so far and in the big scheme of things it wasn’t that bad.  We also know this will not be the last!!!

marker

The Oaklands last day at Shannon’s was at the end of March.  They have decided to start going to their Aunt’s, as she has decided to stay home after having her second baby (Hudson is just 2 weeks older than Kamryn!).  We are super sad to see them “leave” and I know Shannon was too!  McKenna and Jordann have become the bestest of friends and McKenna has been obsessed with Baby Kaiden since his first day of daycare this fall!

Jordann (almost 4), Lily (2), Eli (2.5), Kaiden (almost 1), and McKenna (3.5) (and Wheezy too!)

daycare

They brought Scratch cupcakes to celebrate their last day so we went over after naps to play and to enjoy a special treat!

daycare1

We will miss you Oakland kiddos.  Make sure to come back and visit us soon!!

No comments: