Danielle got the three girls library bags from Hobby Lobby along with some puffy paint for them to decorate with! We spent one afternoon at the beginning of summer at my parent’s house decorating bags!
I wasn’t sure how McKenna would do since her attention span is on the shorter side!! I put on her craft apron, buckled her in her chair, and handed her a bottle of paint!
Surprisingly McKenna LOVED “painting” her bag! I had to help a bit turning some of the bigger blobs into hearts and swirls. : )
Ella also had a blast painting her bag. She was super anxious to get started and her first squeeze of the bottle left a nice pink blob on her bag! Oops!
Grandma Tappy assisted Ella in designing her bag. She has her masters in Puffy Painting. Ha! : )
Every time McKenna sees her bag she says, “I maked that!” She also likes to feel the hearts!
This was the first time we used their bags at the library!
A few weeks later Shannon (our daycare provider and neighbor) invited McKenna and Ella over to make 4th of July t-shirts with her four kids. I think Shannon also has her masters in Puffy Painting! This girl was prepared! She has her kids put the puffy paint on paper plates and then they use paint brushes to put the paint on their shirts! This worked perfectly for Kenna! Shannon also had 4th of July stamps. We stamped USA in red on Kenna’s shirt. We had Shannon help us turn a colorful blob of paint into a firework!
Stay tuned for the 4th of July post to see the finished products!
No comments:
Post a Comment