Sunday, July 10, 2011

19 Months Old


May 20th:
We started the monthly photo shoot out the same way again this time- the fight to keep the sticker on her shirt!  I always try to be sneaky about putting it on without her noticing, but for some reason it never works!

 

McKenna continues to bring us so much joy and laughter each day.  She is a busy little beaver!  She plays so hard all day and is ready for bed at 7:30-8:00.  We've been very blessed with a good sleeper.  Not only does she sleep well, but she goes down super easy!  After books and prayers we are able to lay her in bed and walk away, shutting the door behind us as we go out.   She does listen to music each night- the same cd from when she was a newborn!  She also likes to have all her "friends" go to bed with her each night- Curious George (big and little), Mickey, baby, two pillow pets, Snuggles (the blanket we cover her up with) and sometimes she will request something else!  Not to mention paci and blankey...:)



McKenna normally wakes up around 7:00.  Every now and then she'll wake up in the 6:00 hour for a few days and then she'll go back to sleeping in until after 7:00.  Sometimes we get lucky and she'll sleep until 7:30!  We've recently started a new morning routine.  McKenna (while in her crib)- "Mommy! Mommy!"  Krista (while sleeping in her bed)- "Yeah?"  M- "Yeah? Wanna get up!" K- "You want to get up?" M- "Yeah!" K- "Minute!" M- "Minute!"  This same conversation can happen again if I don't get up right away the first time!  Sometimes she'll change it up and ask for daddy, but right now the requests have mainly been for mommy!


The picture above and below make me laugh.  One minute she's bawling, and the next minute she's giggling!  This is sometimes the case for our 19 month old!  Mommy had to start acting really silly to get this girl to smile.  Whatever I did worked, because I ended up getting a lot of really cheesy shots!


McKenna has started walking on her tippy toes!  We aren't quite sure why, but she walks on them quite often!

6 days after turning 18 months McKenna peed on the potty!  While at work I got a text from our daycare, which worried me a bit because she doesn't usually text or call during the day.  After checking my phone I had the biggest smile on my face!  I couldn't wait to tell someone that my little girl had just went pee pee on the potty!!  I laughed a bit at myself because I couldn't believe I was so excited over it!


McKenna LOVES listening to music.  For some reason the song "What's My Name" by Rihanna was in my head one day.  I started singing it to McKenna, my little parrot.  She started singing, "Hey na, na, what's your name!"  Daddy put it on his iTunes so she can sing along!


"Wanna kiss?"

McKenna got her second haircut days after this picture.  This time we went to Razor's Edge on The Hill.  McKenna sat on my lap while Christy cut her hair, so I wasn't able to get any pictures.  We had to cut her bangs a bit again, as they are so fine and fall into her eyes too much.  I'm hoping that we will get to the point where we have no bangs!


McKenna's first pony tail- with a bow to hold back the bangs! 



This month McKenna spent 5 days away from mommy and daddy while they went on their trip to Mexico!  She had a blast with grandpa and grandma on both sides!  Thank you McKenna for being a really good little girl while we were gone!!


As summer draws near I find myself getting so anxious to be able to spend my days at home with her.  I'm looking forward to no responsibilities, other than playing with my girl!

No comments: