Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Catching Up

I find it nearly impossible to catch up anything nowadays- housework, schoolwork, blogging, baby book, photo books, emails, mail, laundry, etc.! I only have ONE child... What am I going to do when I have more?!

I stress myself out just thinking about all that I need to get done. I used to be a list person. I loved writing a list and crossing things off when it was done. I even put things like "get up" and "brush teeth" just so that I could smile while crossing it off my list!! After having McKenna I realized quickly that you aren't as productive as you once were. (Many people warned me of this!) As a baby she would take very short naps. Just as soon as I would lay her down I swear she was right back up. Needless to say I barely got anything done while on maternity leave. I remember feeling so bad about it. My mom reminded me that my job was just to enjoy McKenna everyday. I continue to think of her advice daily. I am also learning really quickly that kids grow up way too fast. We are NEVER going to get this time back.

I feel I have gotten better over the last year of remembering to make memories rather than stress about everything that needs to get done. Don't get me wrong, at times I still stress myself thinking about what needs to be done, but I try really hard not to let it get the best of me. While on maternity leave I decided instead of making lists of 20 things to accomplish in one day to make a mental list of just ONE thing to do. (Ex: laundry, errands, blog, etc.) This has helped me remember my most important job each day- ENJOY SPENDING TIME WITH MY BABY GIRL!

My goal for the weekend was to catch up on blogging. It ended up taking a few days but I feel I am caught up!! Yeah!! I wish I could say the same for her photo books and baby book... :)
My goal for the rest of the week is to finish a photo book. I have a coupon that expires on Sunday that I WILL USE!! I love how coupons seem to motivate me!

My challenge for you is to cut down your "To-Do List" and spend time with those you love!


PS- My new blogs are in order by the date they happened- not the date I posted them. Make sure to go back to the beginning of September to make sure you didn't miss any new ones! :)

No comments: