Saturday, May 29, 2010

Slumber Parties

Last weekend Matt was in Palo for a man's weekend! He went fishing and camping with some of his high school and college friends. If you would have asked me five years ago if Matt would ever go camping or fishing I would have laughed!! He has really turned into quite the outdoors man!

This was my first weekend home alone with McKenna! It was different doing the night routine by myself Friday night. I went to bed pretty late and wished I would have gone to bed sooner as I didn't sleep that great! I decided to spend the night at my parent's Saturday night because they were having Ella overnight (Matt and Danielle were at an out of town wedding). Ella was pretty excited to have a sleepover with McKenna at Dan and Tappy's!

We went out to eat at Pizza Ranch in Waverly and then went to Wal-mart for a couple things. I think Ella's lemonade was spiked with Mt. Dew. She was SO excited to go out to eat at the "new" restaurant and was in and out of her seat 100 times! At Wal-mart she was as hyper as can be!! It was funny because when we were getting out of the car heading into Wal-mart Ella looked at McKenna and said, "Now you better be on your best behavior!" Later on I wanted to say, "Practice what you preach girl!"

We got home and gave the girls a quick bath before bed. McKenna hadn't eaten her supper (food) yet so we decided to feed her in the tub. :)



Sunday morning Ella decided she wanted McKenna to sit in the laundry basket which she had "turned" into a car. She helped Gma put away clothes in the other basket so that she could have a car too! I love the imaginations of little ones! :)



Matt happens to be out of town again this weekend in Chicago. His boss planned a celebration weekend after finding out they received their contract for St. Farm. This means Matt still has a job- yeah!!! Matt, his boss, and 5 other guys rode in a limo, yes a limo, and attended two Cubs games. Matt said today they were home by midnight last night. He said they were all wiped out after being up since 5... (I think the 30-40 year olds can't handle it anymore! Ha!)

I decided to stay at my parent's house again last night. My mom and I had planned to work on making my cousin's bridal shower invitations last night so I figured it would be easier just to stay out there. It also helps staying over because my wonderful mom and dad get up with McKenna in the morning and then play with her until she needs to eat. I was able to get at least 3o minutes more sleep this morning!! Thanks Ma and Pa!

Today I went to switch over the laundry for my mom and took McKenna with me. I plopped her in the basket thinking she wouldn't be able to get away from me if she was trapped inside!! I opened up the dryer and found wet clothes... I hadn't pushed the start button long enough for it to kick in and start... sorry mom!

Mommy's little helper!



Danielle and I are so blessed to have our parents in town. They are always there to help out when we are in a bind or when we need an extra hand. They even come back into town to help out with a leaky pipe at 11:15 PM- thanks again dad!! We look forward to many more slumber parties at Grandpa Dan's and Grandma Tappy's. Thank you mom and dad for being the best parents and grandparents in the whole wide world! We love you!

No comments: