Miss McKenna is 18 months old! I can now say I have a 1 1/2 year old, crazy!
At 18 months McKenna weighs 27 pounds 11 ounces, is 33 1/4 inches long, and has a head circumference of 47 1/4 centimeters. These statistics put her in the 90th percentile for weight and height and 75th for her head!
I wish I could say she is my sweet little girl at all times but then I would be lying! McKenna has started throwing fits. She bucks in her car seat, throws her head back and falls to the floor, and will cry for no apparent reason! This girl knows what she wants and she'll let you know if she's not getting her way! I've been told it's her age... I'm hoping that's the case!!
The good news is has started to like cuddling more! She loves to be held and has started putting her hands around us when she gives hugs. Nothing better than getting a bear hug from your daughter!
McKenna has started to pay closer attention to what is going around her these days. Anytime anyone passes gas McKenna will say, "Daddy poop!" It is the funniest thing because she lifts her body upward as she is saying it as if she acting out an exclamation point!
One of her new favorite words is "butt"! She loves to say it... not sure where that came from!
We had my friend Kerry's little sister Molly babysit for us while we got much needed massages. This was the first time a babysitter had to put her to bed and she did great!
It was also the first time McKenna spent two nights away from mommy and daddy. While we were in Minnesota at the Heat game Grandma Jeanie stayed at our house and while we were at the Nygren wedding the next night she stayed at Grandpa and Grandma Goetz's!
It was also the first time McKenna spent two nights away from mommy and daddy. While we were in Minnesota at the Heat game Grandma Jeanie stayed at our house and while we were at the Nygren wedding the next night she stayed at Grandpa and Grandma Goetz's!
After worrying about the possibility of another ear infection I decided to take McKenna to see a chiropractor. Dr. Green is absolutely amazing, especially with kids. We were able to escape an infection with the help from a couple adjustments, yeah!
One night in the bathtub I was counting McKenna's fingers as I washed them (a normal routine). I was surprised when she joined me in counting! This little girl can count to ten!! I have to thank Shannon for her help on this one!
McKenna has become quite the climber. She loves to crawl up onto the couch, weaseling her way all the way to the top so that she can stand looking outside. I now have nice smudge marks all over the picture window from her and Lexi!
McKenna's curiousity in climbing caused her to flop out of the pack-n-play at daycare. Poor Shannon was so worried about her but I reassured her this monkey could easily do it at home! McKenna came away without any injuries and thankfully we have not had another incident!
McKenna continues to be more of a chatterbox each day. She likes to repeat, "minute" and "almost" when we change her diaper. This is definitely not her favorite thing to do lately so when she says "all done", we are always telling her "in a minute" or "almost"!
McKenna can now hold a conversation on the phone with you, and I love it! She loves talking to Auntie and Grandma on the phone. Sometimes we call them just so she can say hi!
McKenna's favorite color is orange. We know this because she thinks every color is orange!!
McKenna's favorite food is pizza. She has been calling every "main dish" pizza lately!
This little lovey likes to give kisses. She has started giving BIG kisses! She presses so hard it makes your head go backwards!
I finally was able to get video of McKenna singing the alphabet. I was lucky enough to catch her counting on the same clip!
Thank you for making the last 18 months the absolute best McKenna! We love you so much!!
1 comment:
Amazing! She is so wonderfully cute! What a smart little girl!!!
Post a Comment