Matt and I went to our first NBA game together April 1st. I was able to leave work a bit early so we could head up to Minnesota to see the Timberwolves play the Heat! (When I booked the tickets I didn't realize it was 8:00 Eastern- which meant 7:00 Central!)
With the help of my parent's Garmin, we arrived into Minneapolis with plenty of time to spare before getting to the arena. We decided to park and eat at the game rather than trying to fit it in before. I got a $7 mini pizza and a $4 20 oz. Diet Mountain Dew! Matt decided to wait until after the game to eat- well at least that's what his plan was! He ended up getting a burger about half way through the game!
Before the game started I was able to go down about a dozen rows so I could get some close of pictures of Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, Chris Bosh, and company! (I was REALLY wishing I had a zoom lens for my camera!) Dwyane Wade has been my favorite NBA player ever since Matt "introduced" me to the Heat back when we were dating. I was bummed he stayed in the same spot the entire time shooting 3's on the far side of the court!
LeBron did this same routine a million times- spin the ball up into the air, catch it, turn and shoot. Then he would rebound for himself and do it again!
We had pretty decent seats thanks to Robby and Dolly's Tickets! One of my favorite parts was that they played music almost the entire game!
The half-time performance was pretty cool. 5 adult guys and 1 little boy did a gymnastics act using jump ropes and a trampoline!
Dwyane Wade talking to former Heat player Michael Beasley before the second half started.
The little girl ahead of us got a bag of cotton candy. It looked too good not to buy a bag for myself! :)
We were able to watch some seriously amazing uncontested dunks by LeBron and Dwyane. Part of the second half felt like a dunk contest! Wade ended up with 32, James with 27, and Bosh with 24 equaling a win for the Heat!
After the game we drove to Kevin and Laura's in Cottage Grove, which was about 30 minutes from the arena. Matt made sure to stop and get himself Arby's before we got there!
I hope you had as much as I did honey! Let's go for your birthday again next year!









No comments:
Post a Comment