Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sophie

A couple weeks ago I ordered McKenna Sophie the giraffe off Amazon. I had a couple friends recommend this teething toy to us. Sophie the giraffe was first made in France in 1961. It is made out of 100% natural rubber derived from the sap of the Hevea tree. The company continues to make Sophie exactly like she was made 49 years ago. France has kept the secret of how this awesome toy is made!

McKenna LOVES Sophie! She really enjoys drooling all over her and biting her ears. It's funny to watch McKenna's face when she gets Sophie to squeak!

Lexi also LOVES Sophie, mainly because she squeaks! (To Lexi's defense, she does look like a dog toy!) We've had to put Sophie up high so that Lexi does not get her. On day two I found Lexi in the kitchen with Sophie by her side. She hadn't had her for long because I was just in the kitchen cleaning bottles! I scolded Lexi (her tail was already between her legs when I came upon them) and put Sophie even further back on the counter. I guess I forgot to mention Lexi got her paws up on the counter to get her down! She has NEVER gotten anything off the counter before...naughty puppy! Later that day I caught her again with her paws on the counter. It was at this time I decided Sophie will be kept in the cupboard with the cereal. Lexi won't be able to get her now! :)






1 comment:

Katie R. said...

I purchased a Sophie for Avery when she was about McKenna's age, and she STILL loves it! What a great little toy!