The days leading up to Halloween and the week after were pretty rough for the Lindgren family and I wanted to make sure I wrote it down so I remembered it!
*Friday night: Go to Urgent Care and find out Kenna has pink eye. Start drops and she seems to be doing much better.
*Saturday night: Pink eye moves into her other eye! Kenna wakes up numerous times in the night crying- finally decide to put her in bed with us (a very RARE occasion at our house). Mommy gives Uncle and friends a ride home and then finally falls asleep REALLY late. Kenna still in bed with us wrestling around all night.
Side note: Mommy and daddy decided not to attend two Halloween parties this year #1 because mommy needed to write conferences for the next week and #2 we were too lazy to figure out costumes! As it ended up we should just gone out and stayed out late because we didn’t get any sleep anyway!!!
*Sunday night: Kenna wakes up again numerous times in the night crying, as if she is hurt. Can’t seem to figure out what she wants. She was crying so hard she couldn’t even talk. She finally tells us she’s scared. Figure out she’s scared of the blinds… Decide to let her watch George and find that’s the only thing that will calm her down. Finally falls asleep a little before 1:00. Sleeps in bed with us again which means no sleep for mom or dad.
*Monday (Halloween): Kenna didn’t quite seem to be herself. Little appetite and pretty quiet. Did not want to go to bed- kept calling for us to come back in while balling. We were started to get a bit worried about what was going on. Three nights in a row of this- ahhh!!! This was so unlike Kenna. I rocked her to sleep (haven’t done that since she was a baby). She was so unsettled, not able to get into a position that was comfy for her. I put her in bed and let out a sigh of relief, she was finally asleep! It wasn’t even 5 minutes later and she was crying and yelling for us again. Really?! We decided we will wait it out again since we’d already been in there three times and we were NOT letting her come to bed with us for the third night in a row. I was sitting at the computer starting to work on my conferences when I heard Matt in her room. I was thinking, “Didn’t you just say we were going to wait to go in?” It was now after 9:15 and I hadn’t even begun to finish my conferences for the NEXT night! Matt quickly called for me to come help him. Kenna had gotten sick EVERYWHERE! :( I ran into her to room to find puke all over the floor, her pillow pet, blankies, blankets, stuffed animals, her NEW BITTY BABY (thank goodness only her clothes got hit), as well as herself! No wonder our little girl was acting so strange!
*Tuesday: Daddy stays home in the morning with Kenna. Mommy came home at noon so she could finish her conferences and so daddy could go to work for a few hours. Mommy went back to work from 4:30-8:30 for conferences.
*Wednesday: Everyone completely exhausted! Kenna is starting to get back to her normal self.
*Thursday: Mommy wakes up with PINK EYE! Starts McKenna’s meds right away and decide to still give conferences rather than having to reschedule all of them!
*Friday: Mommy has the day off from work- yay!
For anyone that is a teacher, you completely understand how stressful and exhausting conference week can be. This year I got to top off the stress with many nights of little sleep (which is NEVER good for me), as well go into conferences without having all of them finished (only the ones for that day were done)!!
I guess the saying is true- when it rains it pours!
2 comments:
No fun with sick kids! We've had pink eye at our house, too! Jaden has had it twice in the last month and a half, and we've had to give eye drops to Brandon too when his eye has been showing signs of it. Our entire daycare was passing it around for a week.
That sounds rough and super exhausting! Hopefully she's done getting sick for the year. Lincolns daycare closed today and he's not going tomorrow because everyone there is sick! This time of the year can be horrible:(
Post a Comment