Kenna and I made a trip up to Minnesota to visit our friends Kim, Shea, and Larkyn at the beginning of August. We had be trying to find a time to make it up to the cities to see them all summer and we were having a hard time finding a time that we were both free! I had a couple days the last week of summer open so we thought we better squeeze in a quick trip!
After my meeting at school Tuesday morning I ran out to parent’s to pick up Kenna so we could get on the road at naptime. This was the farthest trip we had taken by ourselves and I was wanting to have her sleep for part of it if possible!
Kenna was wonderful in the car. She’s always been a good traveler and I’m so thankful for that! We arrived in Lakeville after 4:00. This allowed time for the girls to play outside before supper.
After supper we went to IKEA and the Mall of America for a bit! You can’t go to the cities without stopping at these two places!!
Wednesday morning we took the girls to the Minnesota Zoo. Kim and I took the girls to the zoo together last June. I was anxious to go back because I knew Kenna would be much more into it this year!
Taking a break at the play area!
The farm was probably my favorite stop. I think Kenna enjoyed watching the monkeys run around!
K and K with their girls!
Wednesday night we went to a really fun park that had an awesome play area as well as a water area. They also have live music once a week too- fun!
Larkyn and Kenna pretty much wanted to do their own thing. Larkyn was WAY into the water and McKenna didn’t want to step near it! :)
Before we left we let the girls go down the slide just a couple more times. It was so cute because McKenna wanted to “catch” Larkyn! I love the picture of them hugging at the bottom of the slide!
After a quick stop for ice cream we headed home for baths. These are the things I’m sure Kim and I talked about growing up- having our kids someday take baths together! Sometimes it’s hard to believe that we are now almost 30 with our own daughters. We so wish we lived closer so that we could enjoy more times like these together!
Miss Larkyn wanted to wear her shades. How cute is she?!
Thursday morning it was already time to head back to Cedar Falls. I had a hair appointment in the afternoon and didn’t want to miss it since we were having family pictures over the weekend!
The girlies enjoyed some dry cereal together while I packed up the car. I think Kenna looks like a giant next to Larkyn in these pictures for only being 5 months older!
Thanks to the Mueskes for a fun time together! Looking forward to the next time we make it up to Minnesota!
No comments:
Post a Comment