Thursday, August 18, 2011

Saylorville Lake

We had a mini Goetz reunion with my dad’s brothers and sisters at my uncle and aunt’s house in Ankeny in July.  It was an extremely hot day- well into the 90s!  After lunch some of us headed to their houseboat on Saylorville Lake.  Their house is only 5 minutes from the lake!  So not fair! : )

I think my favorite part is getting shuttled to their houseboat.  You have to wait at the dock for a pontoon to come get you and take you to where you want to go!  I wish I would have taken a picture of all the houseboat’s anchored down at the one end of the lake.

McKenna was NOT excited about having to wear a life jacket which then meant she wasn’t excited about getting in the water!  I didn’t blame her as it was riding up her rear as well as her neck/mouth!

IMG_0419

As soon as she would get out of the water she would want to go back in.  It wasn’t a fun game to play!  She did enjoy playing on the water trampoline.  She especially liked the noodles!

IMG_0430

IMG_0434

McKenna was better with me in the water because we changed life jackets.  Whoever invented the Puddle Jumpers was a genius!  (It was probably a mom!)

IMG_0438

saylorville

Hannah and Julia gave us quite the performance with their flips off the trampoline!

IMG_0425

IMG_0422

McKenna enjoying a blue ring pop sucker from Uncle Matt!  Her lips, tongue, and fingers were BLUE!

saylorville1

Miss Jayna and myself before we left!

saylorville2

We had to leave earlier than everyone else because we had to get back to Cedar Falls for Dave and Dana’s wedding reception!  I ended up not taking my camera with me so I don’t have any pictures to document the night. : (  It was an outdoor reception at Gateway Park in Cedar Falls.  Let me remind you that it was in the 90’s and super humid!  McKenna had a ton of fun playing with Jordann and Eli, as well as playing at the park with Uncle Jerm!

No comments: