Jay and Dana got married in the Quad Cities on Sunday, July 3rd. Their wedding was at the cutest little church out in the country. We were really excited that we were invited to help them celebrate their big day! Jay is one of Matt Garvin’s best friends from growing up, so we met Jay almost as soon as we met Matt! Jay and Dana actually lived in the duplex that was right next door to Matt and Danielle. It was not planned but was a great surprise to find out we would all be living so close to each other!
We were also excited that we were going to be able to see Ella walk down the aisle as a flower girl! We all were anxious how things would go, as she was acting really nervous about her “job”. At one point she had decided she wasn’t going to do it! That Ella girl didn’t let us down! She walked down the aisle like a pro! We were sitting in the back so we were able to watch her the entire way. As I sat there cheering her on I found myself getting a little emotional! I was so proud of her and I know everyone else was too!
McKenna didn’t last all that long at the wedding. She started crying the moment we got out of the car. I’m not sure what her deal was, if it was because she didn’t sleep long in the car or if it was her teeth, I guess we’ll never know! Matt ended up taking Crabby Pants out to the car for part of the wedding. Thank goodness we were sitting in the back of the church!
Dana looked absolutely beautiful and so did the flower girl! : )
After the wedding we headed right across the border to Jumer’s Casino and Hotel for the reception. I love when the reception and hotel are all in one!
We were able to check in and relax for a bit before the wedding party arrived back at the reception. Ella and McKenna had way too much fun playing in the shower! Ella also thought it would be fun to jump on the bed! I guess you get to do whatever you want when you’re a flower girl!
Ella and McKenna pretty much owned the dance floor! These two LOVED dancing! It didn’t matter if they were dancing together, with someone else, or by themselves, they were out on the dance floor!
I love the picture of her holding up her dress. I’m not sure where this came from, because her mom doesn’t dance like that! I also love the bottom picture on the right. She is dancing with Ella’s Bratz groom, the gift she was given from Jay and Dana!
We had such a fun time as a family helping Jay and Dana celebrate!
Grandpa and Grandma offered to watch the girls so we could stay at the reception longer. How awesome are they?! It was well after 10:00 and McKenna was still going pretty strong! She was disappointed when we told her it was time to head back to our room to go to bed. It took her a little while to fall asleep, but once she did she was out like a light! (Grandpa stayed in our room and Grandma stayed in Danielle’s room with her girls.)
We headed back to the reception and had fun dancing the night away! At midnight the party moved up to the suite. They had stocked the room with all kinds of food and drinks for everyone. We hadn’t even been in the room for 30-45 minute before the front desk called to ask us to quiet down! There were just so many people in the room- it wasn’t because everyone was getting crazy!
Part of the group decided to head down to the casino but we decided it was time to hit the hay. We had had enough fun for the day!
Thank you Jay and Dana for including us in your special day. You two are such a cute couple and we wish you the absolute best!

No comments:
Post a Comment