Another year has passed and we once again have so much to be thankful for. At school we've had two parents die in the last three weeks. A third grader lost her mom to cancer after knowing for less than two weeks, and a first grader lost her dad after heart surgery. Wow, I can't even imagine what it would be like to go through that at a young age, let alone at my age. Times like this make us sit back and think about what is important to us.
Today I'm most thankful for health and happiness. God has blessed our family and extended families with good health and I've been reminded that is not something that can be overlooked. God has also blessed us with happiness. I could sit here and write all day about the things that bring happiness to my life! I'm going to sum it up with family. The joy McKenna has brought to our lives is unexplainable. Her little personality makes us smile and laugh at the same time! Watching our parents and siblings with McKenna also puts a smile on my face! She is one lucky little girl to be loved by so many people! The news of the Garvin baby has also brought so much happiness to our family. We've been reminded children are a true gift from God and we thank him daily for our precious little ones!
This year we were lucky enough to spend Thanksgiving with both sides! We spent the morning and early afternoon at the Lindgren's. Matt's Uncle Tom, Aunt Kathie, Cousins Steve, Jamie, and Maddie joined us!
McKenna and Maddie had fun playing with all the old toys Jeanie kept from when the boys were little. McKenna especially liked the Fisher Price playhouse!

Today I'm most thankful for health and happiness. God has blessed our family and extended families with good health and I've been reminded that is not something that can be overlooked. God has also blessed us with happiness. I could sit here and write all day about the things that bring happiness to my life! I'm going to sum it up with family. The joy McKenna has brought to our lives is unexplainable. Her little personality makes us smile and laugh at the same time! Watching our parents and siblings with McKenna also puts a smile on my face! She is one lucky little girl to be loved by so many people! The news of the Garvin baby has also brought so much happiness to our family. We've been reminded children are a true gift from God and we thank him daily for our precious little ones!
This year we were lucky enough to spend Thanksgiving with both sides! We spent the morning and early afternoon at the Lindgren's. Matt's Uncle Tom, Aunt Kathie, Cousins Steve, Jamie, and Maddie joined us!
McKenna and Maddie had fun playing with all the old toys Jeanie kept from when the boys were little. McKenna especially liked the Fisher Price playhouse!
We headed out to my parent's around 2:45, right before McKenna's afternoon nap. She ended up not falling asleep on the way as we had hoped for! After playing for a bit we decided to put her down at 4:00 because she was SUPER tired! She ended up sleeping over two hours! This allowed us to eat our Thanksgiving supper in peace with no kids (Ella was with her mom)- it was really weird!!
The boys and the dogs hung out downstairs while the women- mostly Danielle and my mom :) prepared the food!
I had to take a picture of the table. It's not that often that the china makes its way out of the hutch!
This was the first time I'd used the timer on my camera. Let's just say it took way too long to get a good one! I wish I would have taken a picture of the camera sitting on the high chair, propped up on the tray!
We headed back into town around 7:30 to change and get ready to go out for the night with our friends. We left with full bellies and leftovers for the week! A perfect Thanksgiving once again!
No comments:
Post a Comment