Wednesday, December 8, 2010

13 months old!


I wasn't sure I was going to post each month after 12, but since her first year baby book is done and we have the pictures, I thought I better continue!


This month McKenna has become much more vocal and her personality is starting to shine! Her new thing is "please". She signs it while also saying it. McKenna says please for EVERYTHING! We spend a lot of time trying to figure out what she wants. Sometimes it is really frustrating to her when we can't tell what she's saying please for!


Other new things this month:
*is WALKING all the time now!!!!
*bottles have been put away
*drinks whole milk like a pro now in her sippy
*another bottom tooth (#7) is going to be popping through any day
*repeatedly says "nack" (snack) while trying to open the drawer in the kitchen with her snacks until you get her something to eat
*tried peanut butter for the first time


I could not keep her sitting in the chair for anything. She kept trying to crawl out! She also would not keep the sticker on her shirt, as you can see in the pictures above. I decided to put the sticker on her bum so I could still get some pictures of her as she was running away from me!



I was determined to get a smiling picture of her so we headed back to the pink chair to read some books. I thought that might take her mind off the sticker on her shirt.


And it worked!!!!! Yeah!!!! :)


My family doesn't understand why I always have to keep trying to get the "perfect" picture. This is why!! I'm so glad I kept trying because I love these pictures of her!




Below are a couple videos of her and her new tricks- walking and talking. I'm not sure why the walking video is sideways- I did not tape it sideways! If anyone knows how to flip videos, please let me know! (PS- sorry about my voice- ugh!!