Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Pool Days

We have enjoyed many fun days at the pool this summer! McKenna really likes the water although I have a hard time keeping her in it lately! She likes to crawl out of the water at The Falls when we are in the zero depth area. There is a pole she likes to stand up on (no, not dance on) that is right out of the water. As soon as I put her back in the water she crawls back out to the pole! Lately we've tried sitting her in the tube in the lazy river. I can't seem to keep her in the tube either!

After church on Sunday we went to The Falls with Matt and Ella. It was a nice day, although it was a bit cold when you got out of the water. Ella and Matt spent most of their time in the "big" pool while we hung out in the baby pool.


McKenna got sunscreen in her eyes (by rubbing her eyes) on the way to the pool- ugh! I tried to get it out when we got there... so hard not to rub it in more! Her eye looks pretty bad in this picture but it didn't take long to get better. (I think crying helped flush it out!)



McKenna and I got to take Ella to swimming lessons last week. Ella was pretty excited that Kenna was coming to watch her. A couple times during her lesson she would holler over at McKenna- it was so cute!


Last week we went to the pool with Heidi, Violet, and Miles. It was really rainy in the morning and we almost decided not to go but it turned out to be an absolute perfect day! Violet also does not like to stay in the pool! We spent most of our time plopping the girls back into the water!




A week ago Sunday we joined Alex and Jordann out at Beaver. One thing I like about Beaver is you can take floaties. Normally McKenna LOVES floating around in hers but she didn't seem to like it this day!

Jordann learned how to blow bubbles!

Trying to get them both to look at the camera at the same time is impossible!

Jordann will be coming to Shannon's (daycare) starting this fall. McKenna is excited to have a playmate!


A couple weeks back Kami, Alaina, McKenna, and I went to The Falls. Uncle Robby decided to join us!


Alaina was pretty much on the go the entire time. McKenna actually sat and played most of the time! McKenna went on the lazy river for the first time with Alaina!

We have one swim diaper left. I think this means we only have one more trip to the pool before summer is over... :( I'm hoping to get it in before school starts next week!

No comments: