Friday night we sort of made a last minute decision to go out. We didn't have a babysitter, Gpa and Gma Goetz were working Sturgis, and Gma Jeanie was on vacation in California, so we weren't sure if we would be able to find someone the day of. There was nothing more annoying to me then getting called the day of to babysit! I quickly called a few of the girls I used to babysit for- which by the way makes me feel really old, but didn't have any luck. We then decided to ask Shannon and Gene (McKenna's daycare) if they would want to watch her. Of course they said yes! We dropped her off around 9:15 and headed to the Fireman's Ball. We paid $5 to get in, each got one $3 drink, and about 30 minutes later decided we better head home due to the storm that was on it's way... ugh! By the time we walked back to our car it was 10:30. We picked sleeping McKenna up at 10:45 and headed home for the night! The second our garage door closed the rain started. We were very thankful we left when we did! So much for having a fun night out with friends!
Saturday morning we went to the parade with Kami and Alaina. Kami saved us seats right outside Pat's office. They were great seats but we were directly in the sun! About half way through we decided to get drinks and breakfast pizza at myVerona. This was perfect because then we were able to stand in air condition and let the girls (and moms!) cool off. We stayed until the end of the parade because we had to see Pat on his class reunion float!
After the parade Matt and I headed to Overman to get some of my Sturgis favorites- donuts and a strawberry smoothie. The lines were both VERY long so we split up and each took a line. Matt asked me more than once if I still wanted to get them and of course each time I told him YES!
We didn't have plans to go back to Sturgis Saturday night but after my parents and Matt and Danielle called to say they were heading down we decided we would too! We joined my parents at the Jazz festival. They played with McKenna while Matt and I ate supper. Matt and Danielle also joined us for a bit. At about 8:30 we decided we better start walking back to car (which was forever away) because we needed to get McKenna to bed. I also needed to start (yes I said start) packing for our vacation the NEXT day! Unfortunately for me, I ended up going to bed at 1:30 Saturday night!
1 comment:
Does your daughter have the world's cutest wardrobe? I love it!!
Post a Comment