Thursday, June 24, 2010

8 months old!

McKenna turned 8 months old on Father's Day!

After church we went out to eat with Gpa Tim, Uncle Jerm, and Uncle Robby at the Screaming Eagle in Waterloo. (Gma Jeanie is on vacation in California!) I am bummed that I forgot my camera at home. :(

Daddy spent the afternoon relaxing while mommy cleaned the house a bit and packed for her trip to Minnesota. After McKenna's afternoon nap we headed out to my parents for supper.

We feel so blessed for all the daddies in our life. My dad couldn't be a better example of what a father should be. He enjoys teaching (sometimes bossing :) ) the boys around and he especially loves playing with his granddaughters. There is nothing cuter than watching him play with her while laying on the floor so that he can get at her level!

It has been fun watching Matt's dad become a grandpa. I think he's pretty excited to have a little Lindgren GIRL! Grandpa Tim loves to call McKenna sweetie. The boys counted 12 times just at lunch! :) He loves when McKenna gives him a smile. It's usually not that hard to get a smile out of our little happy girl!

Uncle Garvin is also a pretty special daddy to us. He is such a great dad to our "E Train" (new nickname for Ella)! His patience and calm approach are some of the reasons why he is such a good daddy.

And lastly McKenna's daddy! It has been such a joy to watch you become a dad. Since day one you have been right by my side helping me in this new journey of parenthood. I am especially thankful for your help in the middle of the night and for taking her in the morning so that I can go back to sleep! (We all know that this mommy needs her sleep!)


Now onto our 8 month old! Miss McKenna continues to be a smiley and happy little girl. Her hair still stands straight up. We now get stopped anywhere we go with comments such as, "Wow, I love her hair!", "How do you get her hair to do that?!", "Did you see that baby's hair?!" The only time it lays down is when there is sunscreen in it!
McKenna is now crawling all over the place. She starts on all fours and then quickly goes back down and army crawls because she's found it is much quicker! She now tries to "run away" from you- it is so cute!
McKenna loves to pull herself up on anything and everything. The last couple mornings we've found her STANDING up in her crib! As soon as we get home from vacation we will be lowering her mattress!
Little Miss Moo now has TWO teeth! Monday on our way to Minnesota I noticed her first one had popped through and then Thursday night I noticed her second one! She has been a tad crabby, although I'm not sure if it's because we've been out of town a lot and not on her normal schedule or if it is because her teeth hurt. One thing I do know is that her bite hurts!
We are wondering if McKenna is going to be a lefty. She picks up her Puffs with her right hand and then moves it to her left and puts it in her mouth and when she crawls she pulls with her left arm. Grandpa Pete was the first one to notice this, so we'll see if he is right!
As you can see in the pictures McKenna has gotten pretty aware of her surroundings! We like to say she is being "nosey"! It took both Matt and I to distract her so she would not rip the sticker off her shirt! Sometimes while eating she likes to sit up every 30 seconds to look around- especially if there is any noise in the room!
What a fun 8 months is has been! It still amazes me how fast time goes. I'm trying to enjoy every second because before you know it my little girl will be heading off to kindergarten!

No comments: