Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Road Trips

McKenna and I have been very busy so far this summer! This is the first summer I have not worked, babysat, or taken classes so it has allowed us to visit many friends and family! The first week of vacation for me was June 14th. This felt sooo late compared to other districts! On Wednesday of that week McKenna and I headed on our first out of town trip by ourselves! We headed to Urbana to visit the Moores. Kael and Jasmine loved checking out McKenna's toys as well as playing with her. Kael loved giving her kisses! Eli was up for a bit so we were able to get a couple pictures!

We headed to North Liberty to visit Sarah (my college roommate) in the afternoon. After hanging out at her place for awhile we made a quick stop at the Coral Ridge Mall. I was all excited to go to Baby Gap and then I remember once we arrived that it was no longer there! Ugh!

McKenna passed the test on traveling with mommy alone. She slept the entire way to Urbana, North Liberty, as well as the whole way home! I think mommy did a great job planning around her nap schedule! :) We got home around 8:00 in enough time for mom to pack for their trip to Harlan the next morning!

On Thursday morning we headed to Harlan for my cousin's bridal shower. Ella and McKenna were amazing in the car. On the way home there was an accident in Des Moines. We were in "crawling" traffic for 1.5 hours. Our 4 hour drive quickly turned to a 6.5 hour trip! (I think God was preparing the girls for our 7 hour trip to the Ozarks the next week!)

Part of the Petersen cousins:
Ella, Danielle, Richard, Cody, Chelsy, Jesse, Krista, and McKenna

We headed to the Harlan pool Friday afternoon with Aunt Linda, Quinn, Kate, Cole, Aunt Jani, Julia, Matthew, and Chelsy! This was McKenna's first time to a "real" pool! The water was a bit cold as it had stormed Thursday night and Friday morning. She enjoyed splashing in the water!
Krista, Chelsy, and Danielle

Ella, Julia, Linda, Kate, Tami, and McKenna

Perfect spot to sit!

Our favorite little fishy!

I was sitting with my mom and aunt chatting when we saw Chelsy and Ella up at the top of the slide. I thought there was NO way Ella would go down by herself. I wasn't able to get over to the slide in time to get a picture but Ella Grayce was a brave little girl and did it! Chelsy went first so that she could catch her at the bottom. Ella went for a ride- sliding from side to side and eventually spinning around and come out face first! We tried to get her to go again but she decided that one time was enough!

I was able to sneak over to visit Becky and her grandson Grant Friday evening. I student taught with Becky five years ago. Becky and I have such a special relationship. We joke that I am her long lost daughter (she has two sons)! Grant was born just one day after McKenna. He was due one week before so it was fun being at the same stages at the same time!
We would like to do an arranged marriage for the two although we have one problem- check out Grant's onesie... I don't think McKenna's daddy will allow her to marry a Cyclone fan!!! :)

Linda hosted all of us for pizza Friday night. Aunt Carol and cousins Daniel and Elizabeth came from Omaha to see us! Below is a picture of the kids minus Michael and Daniel (they decided to go golfing instead of hang out with us... teenagers!) and Julia (she had a softball game)!

Julie's shower was Saturday morning at the church. My mom and Aunt Cyndi were in charge of hosting with help from my grandma and some church ladies. McKenna was pretty busy during the shower. She had many stroller rides as well as puffs to keep her preoccupied!


We came home Saturday night so that we could be home for Father's Day on Sunday! Another fun weekend in Harlan! Thanks everyone! :)


Monday morning McKenna and I rode with Matt Garvin to Minnesota to visit some more friends! Matt works in the cities so I had this brilliant idea to ride up with him! McKenna didn't do as great in the car this time. She wasn't horrible, she just needed to be entertained most of the time! About an hour into our drive I noticed she had cut her first tooth! No wonder she was a bit off!
Matt dropped us off in Lakeville at Kim and Shea's. Kim and I took the girls to the Minnesota zoo in the afternoon. Larkyn slept the entire but McKenna was up for most of it! Click on the play button below to see the pictures Kim took while we were at the zoo!


Kerry came over for a sleepover Monday night! She is doing an internship with the Minnesota Lynx for the summer. The 3 K's haven't been back together for along time! We had such a blast. I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard! Kim videoed Kerry for a "pretend" application video for the Bachelorette! We think she would be PERFECT for the show!

With our baby girls :)
(We made Kerry hold her wine bottle in a blanket with a bonnet!)

Tuesday morning Kerry drove us to the Mall of America to meet my friend Laura. This girl got some great deals at Baby Gap!! Oh how I wish we had one close!!!

My little shopping partner!

Laura and I went to IKEA before heading back to her place in Cottage Grove. McKenna would not sleep in her stroller so I had to keep taking her out. It is not easy pushing a stroller and holding a 20 lb. baby! She fell asleep 5 minutes before we left- of course!


Matt picked us up on Wednesday afternoon. Laura ended up riding back with us. McKenna was much better in the car this time! We got home about 5:30- just enough time for mommy to get unpacked and ready for cooking club at 7:00!

I got home about 10:30 from cooking club and heading straight to bed. I was completely wiped out from traveling, staying up late, and walking at the zoo and mall! I promised McKenna I wouldn't put her in her carseat or stroller until we left for vacation on Sunday!

No comments: