Thursday, March 17, 2011

My Niece, Lily Ann


Lily Ann Garvin joined our family Friday, March 11th! She was 8 lbs. 13 oz. and 20 1/2 inches long. She was just one ounce smaller than McKenna! Lily is named after our grandma Lile Ann, as well as Matt's mom Sue Ann, and sister Jillann! She has a little bit of dark hair and is beautiful!

Danielle went to the hospital around 6:00 a.m. Friday after thinking her water may have broken. After an ultrasound detected baby was breech, a c-section was scheduled for 11:30 that morning! I was at a meeting all day at our Area Education Agency. As soon as I arrived at our meeting I warned everyone that I would be checking my phone often as my sister was at the hospital!

The crazy thing is I had picked March 11th to be the day for baby GIRL Garvin to be born!! (Everyone else thought boy!) I had been picturing myself sitting in my meeting, texting back and forth, while Danielle was laboring at the hospital!! I secretly was praying for baby to come no earlier than the 11th because I knew my only chance of getting to the hospital during the day would be if it was that Friday, or if it was during spring break!

My principal was kind enough to let me leave a half hour before we broke for lunch so that I could go and pick up Ella and get her to the hospital. Before getting Ella from daycare I had to run home to get my camera and her big sister outfit. Ella and I made a quick stop at Hy-Vee so she could pick out some flowers for Danielle. She picked out roses(Danielle's favorite!)- one of each color. She also picked out three little Easter beanie babies- one for baby, McKenna, and herself. We also picked up some Reeses peanut butter Easter eggs! We made one last stop at Sonic to pick up lunch- two grilled cheese sandwich kid meals- one for Ella and one for Aunt Kiki!! We arrived in room 385 at 12:30 and a little after 12:45 Danielle was wheeled into the room holding a beautiful baby GIRL!!!






I was able to stay and enjoy the excitement until about 1:45. I hated to leave but I felt like I needed to get back to my meeting, especially since my principal allowed me to leave in the first place!

After my meeting was over I headed home to get all the baby girl clothes washed up for Danielle. I also had to charge my phone and my camera as they both were about dead!! I had made a lasagna the night before thinking that the Garvins would be joining us! Instead, the lasagna fed us, my parents, Ella, and Grandma Sue!

After supper we headed back up to the hospital. This was McKenna's first time meeting baby Lily. She wasn't quite sure what to think of Auntie sitting in the bed! She kept wanting to leave the room so she could run the halls! The two little girls lasted about 45 minutes. I decided to stay and hang out for awhile (and help upload pictures!). I ended up coming home after 11:00!







"Bye, bye, baby!"

Could they be any cuter?!

Matt, Danielle, and Lily came home on Monday morning. With it being spring break my mom and I have been able to help them out a lot! Lily has been a great baby so far. We told Danielle she deserved a perfect baby after having a not so perfect pregnancy!!

Welcome to the family Lily! God has blessed us with another beautiful baby girl. We love you so much!

1 comment:

Ashley Schrage said...

congratulations to the whole family!