
This year we decided to stay home for Thanksgiving. It was a very hard decision but we figured it was the best for a one month old to stay home in this yucky flu season.
Last Sunday we ate at Matt's parent's house. They kindly invited my family to join us! Ella is a big fan of Matt's family. She enjoyed playing Mr. Mouth with the boys. This was a game that Matt and his brothers played when they were little. I had never heard of it!
On Wednesday we celebrated with my parents. We had another wonderful meal and then had a sleepover! The goal of the night was to get my parent's Christmas card picture taken. For those of you with kids, you know this is not an easy task with a 3 year old and a one month old! Ella started out great- smiling "pretty" and sitting still. McKenna started off okay- and then started crying... This girl wasn't very happy about having to take multiple pictures! We ended up taking about 15-20 pictures. By the end Ella had had enough and was being pretty silly. I had to be reminded that we weren't going to get a perfect picture. (I wanted to keep trying until we got a good one!)
Thanksgiving day was pretty low key. I was able to sleep in- thanks to my wonderful parents who watched McKenna after she woke up! Matt headed back into town after he got up so that he could start dragging out all of our Christmas decorations. I ended up spending the morning at my parents watching the Macy's parade and helping my mom create her Christmas cards online. We spent a couple hours looking at the different websites looking for the perfect background for her pictures. There are so many sites anymore that you can choose from! She ended up choosing a cute card from Walgreens. While we messed around on the computer, McKenna and my dad took a nap! Once I got home Matt and I put up our Christmas tree. McKenna and I ended up taking a nap on the couch after I fed her- this unfortunately killed my momentum on getting the decorations up! (They are all still sitting on our kitchen table!!) We ended the night ordering pizza from Papa Johns- what a great meal! :)
This year we have so much to be thankful for- our beautiful daughter, amazing family and friends, jobs, and good health. This list could go on and on. We are so blessed!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment