Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Mom’s & Dad’s Day!

Mother’s Day ~ 2013

For Mother’s Day we met Matt’s parents, Robby & Danni, and the Sturm’s for breakfast at Village Inn.  Going out to eat with a 3 year old and an infant is always challenging.  We purposely planned to meet them late so we didn’t have to wait long.  They surprisingly got in right away so we had to rush to get there!  Things were going rather smoothly until I pulled out my camera (imagine that!).  Kenna didn’t want to take a picture with Grandma, so we bribed her (yes, we bribe our kid!) by telling her she could hold the flowers.  (The manager had delivered a carnation to each mother at our table- so sweet!)  Well just before I went to take the picture she whipped them around and off they flew!!  The flowers broke off their stems!!  This turned major meltdown.  She did recover long enough to snap a quick picture… ah! :)

I was hoping to get a picture of the three of use when we got home but Kamryn fell asleep on our way home.  Knowing we’d be changing I decided to take her out and then transfer her to her bed.  We took a few pictures and then headed in.  Shortly after Kamryn woke up so we headed back out for a few more.  Kenna ONLY wanted a picture of her and Barkers, her favorite stuffed animal.  We had to compromise to let her hold Barkers in our picture.  Then daddy decided Barkers should help him take the pictures.  This was how we were able to get a picture without him!!  I know I push it to the limit, but someday I know she’ll appreciate pictures with her momma! :)

After pictures we changed and went out to my parent’s house, as the only thing I really wanted to do all day was relax!  For some reason going to my parent’s house is like going on vacation.  They are just far enough out of town that it feels like you are in a different town.  It is so peaceful and relaxing at their house, I just love it!

mothersday

Grandpa and Grandma and “The Littles”!

littles

Mommy snuck in a much needed nap while Kamryn was sleeping!  Then it was time to play with the babies.  Let the wrestling begin!

may12

I am incredibly blessed to have these two mothers in my life.  They are there to help support me in my journey as a mom.  I hope and pray that this will be a picture of me and my girls 30 years down the road.  I’m so thankful for our close relationship and I’m so happy we are all able to do this together!

(Kenna absolutely did NOT want to have her picture taken, AGAIN!  I just had to post the first attempt.  Someday I will get a good laugh at it!)

mothersday1

Uncle Matt got out the kite and let Kenna have a turn.  She was so excited!!

flyingkite

Father’s Day ~ 2013

For Father’s Day this year we started our morning at church!  We have not been on a regular schedule at church since Kamryn was born.  It felt so good to be back! 

After church we headed out to my parent's.  We had asked my dad if he wanted to go golfing with the boys for Father’s Day and he said he’d rather go fishing with the girls.  So fishing it was!

My parent’s neighbors have two little ponds on their property.  We’ve gone fishing here a handful of times and it’s the perfect fishing spot.  Nearly every cast is a bite!

fishing

Ella’s into casting herself.  She’s rather independent these days!

fishing1

McKenna was more into the worms than she was fishing!  She was our worm transporter and she took her job very seriously!  She would sprint from one side of the pond to the other.  I was waiting for her to face plant into the ground but she never did!

fishing2

And back to the other side!

fishing3

Over the last few years daddy has made fishing a new hobby of his.  Fishing with his girl was the perfect Father’s Day for him!

fishing4

Uncle Matt and Ella decided to cool off by getting in the water!  Ella was so proud of herself! :)

fishing5

When we got back the girls decided to try out the new Slip ‘N Slide from Jeff and Cyndi.  It was a beautiful, sunny summer day!

waterslide

McKenna did a lot of watching.  Taking risks is not her thing.  (#firstborn #likehermom) Grandpa isn’t one to let you sit back and watch.  He “makes” you get right in and join the fun.  (As a kid I would get so mad at him for this, but now as an adult I completely understand his thinking and am thankful for it!)  McKenna didn’t go down too many times but I’m pretty sure she had fun on the times she did!  She remained on hose duty and had just as much fun doing that!

waterslide1

E-Train (aka Ella) absolutely LOVED every second!  Grandpa tried getting her with the hose but she was smart and used her board as a shield!

waterslide2

Little Miss No Fear (aka Lily) couldn’t get enough either!  More than once she smacked her head on the ground and it didn’t seem to phase her one bit!

waterslide3

We ended the night at the Lindgren’s for supper!  Kamryn slept the entire time we were there.  This gave McKenna more time with Grandpa and Grandma to herself!

fathersday

(We unfortunately didn’t get any pictures of daddy and his two girls.  Every time we went to take one Kamryn was sleeping or McKenna wasn’t cooperating!)

We are so very blessed to have the most amazing moms and dads in our lives.  It was nice to be able to sit back and relax while celebrating these special people!

No comments: