Thursday, October 20, 2011

More weddings!

Saturday, October 1st we attended Brent and Kari Dahlstrom’s outdoor wedding at Sunnyside Country Club in Waterloo.  They could not have had a more perfect day.  During the ceremony the sun beat down on our backs and it felt amazing!! 

After Pastor Dave pronounced them husband and wife they invited their 5 month daughter Reece up with them.  The first thing they wanted to do as a married couple was have their daughter baptized!  I thought that was a really neat idea.  Both Kari and baby Reece were stunning!

I lugged my camera around all night and didn’t take any pictures until we decided to send the camera home with the Manfull’s.  I had just a small purse and didn’t want to be in charge of it the whole night.  (One bad thing about having a nice camera- it’s soo big!) 

We took a couple quick couples shots and then had someone take a group picture of the four of us.  Lisa kept taking pictures because she said she felt cool taking pictures with the camera!  She wanted us to be funny… I’m never good with “be funny” pictures!  I guess the boys helped us out on this one!

dahlstromwedding

My parents had Kenna overnight which was nice not having to worry about rushing home to a sitter.  We were able to enjoy a REALLY fun night with friends!  After the wedding we headed downtown to Joker’s, ending at Tony’s for pizza before heading home!

 

The next Saturday, October 8th we attended Brian and Hillary (Larson) Osterday’s wedding at Nazareth Lutheran Church in Cedar Falls.  Another beautiful ceremony!  It was also UNI’s homecoming, so Matt did not come to the wedding with us.  (Wife of the year, I know!) 

osterdaywedding

Kenna and I went with my parents and the Garvins, so it was nice to have some extra help with crazy girl!  While we waited for the wedding party to arrive McKenna danced around the dance floor a million times!  She was actually dancing to a beat, it was pretty cute!

Grandma’s toy bag also played a huge role in entertaining for the night.  The other kids at the wedding also thought she had some neat things to play with!

osterdaywedding1

Hillary was a gorgeous bride!  We are so happy she found Brian!

IMG_9936IMG_9938

Danielle and Hillary went to school all the way through together.  Hard to believe they are both married girls now!

IMG_9948

McKenna was in heaven once the dance started!  She talked Gpa Dan into dancing with her.  I’m pretty sure she would have danced all night long if I would have let her!

osterdaywedding2

My parents were amazing parents once again and offered to keep the girls overnight again so we could go out and enjoy UNI’s homecoming.  We headed back to my parent’s house around 8:30 and put the girls down.  When my parent’s got home Matt, Danielle, and I headed into town to pick up Kami and then find Matt and our friends!

We started downtown, then went to Mulligans, and then back downtown.  Make up your minds people! : )  When we found out Mike Staebell was playing at the Hub we knew that’s where we wanted to go.  After the Hub Kami and I went to Joker’s while Matt and Robby went to Tony’s for pizza.  They missed out on a fun time! 

homecoming

Going out two weekends in a row in a dress (since we came straight from weddings) definitely made me feel like a freshman again, wow!We all had an absolute blast though!  Looking forward to the next time we are all out at the same time again!!

1 comment:

The Petrie Family said...

As much I love reading about your weekend fun, I'm not a big fan of all the fun you guys are having without us there......just say'n!!!! J/K! Hope Kenna had an awesome birthday Krista and happy to hear you all are doing so great! :)