Matt's little brother Robby lived with us this past summer and fall. Six weeks turned into six months because he found out how much fun it is to live with a one year old! :) We all enjoyed having Uncle Obby around and were sad to see him move out the middle of December. He now lives in a condo with two of his friends- the Rat and Fatty!
Everyday when we would get home (while he lived with us and for weeks after he moved out) McKenna would look downstairs and say, "Obby? Obby?" I actually felt kind of bad explaining he didn't live here anymore!
It was really nice having him around the nights Matt worked so he could watch her for me for a bit while I ran to Fareway quick, made supper, or did the laundry. I definitely miss his help!!
McKenna and Robby have a special relationship. She loves playing with him and he loves playing with her because she always makes him laugh! Robby has been in love with McKenna before she was even born. I still remember his excitement when we told him we were expecting. He couldn't believe that we wouldn't let him tell anyone for 2.5 weeks! He kept asking us if he could tell, and of course I said no! As soon as Matt called to let Robby know I was in the hospital he left work and came right away. That was around 1:00. Robby stayed the whole time, finally meeting his niece after 9:30! What 24 year old do you know that WANTS to stay at the hospital waiting for his niece/nephew to be born? I think that was the sweetest thing!!
Uncle Robby spoiled Kenna big time this Christmas, buying her pink Ugg books and hot pink Converses. He said he wanted her to look cute! !

Last Monday night Robby babysat Kenna by himself for the first time! He was VERY thankful she didn't have a poopy diaper! (He is yet to change a diaper- clean or dirty!) We are thankful things went well so now he will be willing to help us out again!
We love you Uncle Obby! :)
We love you Uncle Obby! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment