McKenna and I unfortunately caught the flu bug a couple weeks ago. (I will blame getting sick for causing me to get behind in housework, schoolwork, and blogging- and I'm still not caught up- ugh!! ) We happened to be at my parent's house when it all started. Thankfully they were able to help me take care of McKenna until Matt got home from work. Matt ended up having to stay home the next day to take care of McKenna because I could barely sit up. He was amazing at taking the role as Mr. Mom. McKenna recovered quickly and was able to go to daycare the next day. I, on the other hand, spent another day in bed and probably could have stayed home from work on Friday as well! Miss Ella also ended up getting sick but everyone else managed to stay healthy except daddy who joined in on the fun about a week later. :)
As we were getting ready to go to the Cedar Falls girl's and boy's basketball game that Friday night McKenna fell and got her first big goose egg. She was heading down the steps to help daddy feed Lexi. She made it down the stairs and as she reached the last step she turned around really fast which made her fall and hit her head on the railing. I was in the bathroom getting ready when I heard a very loud thump and then instant crying. We got ice on it right away but it did swell up a bit. As the night when on it got darker in color. The pictures below aren't very good of it.
On Sunday my dad was giving McKenna a blanket ride throughout their house and she was lovin' every second of it. McKenna was climbing back onto the blanket in the kitchen when she decided to slam her face down. This led to a bloody lip which also swelled! Geez! I couldn't get a good picture of her lip either. She kept pushing the camera away! (Don't mind the crusty paci marks on her face!!)
McKenna's 15 month check up was on Monday. I wondered if the doctor would ask about her beat up face!! Okay, it wasn't that bad! I know this is just the beginning of many owies on her face. If she is anything like her dad or uncle she is going to be in for stitches soon! (Knock on wood!)
No comments:
Post a Comment