We went with the pumpkin theme- "Our little pumpkin is turning 1" for her party. I enjoyed buying anything and everything that was a pumpkin!
The details:
We started with a group shot of the kids. We decided it was probably easier having the moms assist!
Next everyone got to choose a pumpkin or gourd to decorate!
The finished projects- pretty creative, huh?!After pumpkin decorating we came back in and ate supper. Of course the boys wanted to sit in the living room so they could watch the baseball game! It was only appropriate as Matt had the playoff baseball game on in the delivery room!
After supper it was time for cake and ice cream! We sat McKenna on the kitchen table with her cake while we sang to her. She wasn't quite sure what to think! I love the picture below of one of her new faces!
We couldn't get a good picture with McKenna and her cake so I decided I would hold her so we could try for a better one!
Much better!
She wasn't all that excited about wearing her birthday hat. I guess I don't blame her since it kept falling over her eyes!
We let her have a small piece of cake which she of course loved!
After cake and ice cream it was time to open presents. McKenna helped me open her first gift and then she crawled away even before I was finished opening it! Once she realized what was in the bags she sat on my lap and helped. Miss Ella was our assistant. We joked she was Vanna White because she would hold each gift up to show everyone what McKenna got. She would even holler at you if you weren't paying attention!Alaina was pretty excited about helping with this gift. I wonder if she knew it was from her?!

McKenna is giving Ella the look- "Remember it is MY birthday and not yours!"
We ended the night with a pumpkin pinata! Our neighbor Shannon bought it a couple years ago for under $2 at the end of the season. She thought we should use it at the party since it went with the theme!
Before everyone left we sang "Happy Birthday" to my dad for his 55th birthday! Thanks for sharing your day with McKenna dad!
The Habinck kids were at Ethan's football game at the beginning of the party so we had to make sure to get a picture with the neighborhood kids before they left!
After everyone left we let the girls play with McKenna's new toys while we sat and enjoyed a glass of wine with my parents and grandparents.
McKenna looks pretty happy in the picture above but by the end of her party she was really starting to get sick. Her nose was running a ton and her eyes started to get mattery. She was really clingy and didn't want to go to bed! After finally getting her to bed I cleaned up a bit and then headed to bed to do a little school work. I wasn't very productive as I was an emotional wreck! I was sad because I didn't know if I should stay home with her on Monday, I was sad because I wished I could always stay home with her, I was sad because her first birthday party had come and gone, just like that, and I was sad my baby girl is no longer a baby!!!
Overall the party was a success-it was an absolute beautiful day spent with our family and friends celebrating our daughter's first birthday. What more could you ask for?!
As it ended up Kenna had a terribly rough night. We felt as though we had rewound to her days as a newborn! The poor thing didn't know what she wanted. She acted like she wanted to be held, then acted like she wanted down. We tired everything to get her to stop crying. Our trusty "Praise Baby" video collection came through for us again!
Luckily Danielle had Monday off so she kept her in the morning for us and then I took the afternoon off to be with her. The day was mainly spent snuggling! Sometimes God works in funny ways. I think he knew this mommy was in desperate need of a nap!
Miss McKenna, I sure hope you enjoyed your first birthday party. We had a great time helping our little pumpkin celebrate!
Overall the party was a success-it was an absolute beautiful day spent with our family and friends celebrating our daughter's first birthday. What more could you ask for?!
As it ended up Kenna had a terribly rough night. We felt as though we had rewound to her days as a newborn! The poor thing didn't know what she wanted. She acted like she wanted to be held, then acted like she wanted down. We tired everything to get her to stop crying. Our trusty "Praise Baby" video collection came through for us again!
Luckily Danielle had Monday off so she kept her in the morning for us and then I took the afternoon off to be with her. The day was mainly spent snuggling! Sometimes God works in funny ways. I think he knew this mommy was in desperate need of a nap!
Miss McKenna, I sure hope you enjoyed your first birthday party. We had a great time helping our little pumpkin celebrate!



1 comment:
What a great party, Good Job Momma!
Post a Comment