Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Hansen Carnival

A couple Saturdays ago my mom and I took Ella and McKenna to the Hansen Carnival (Matt and Danielle were out of town at a wedding). This used to be an event that Danielle and I couldn't wait for! I remember walking the halls as a 5th and 6th grader thinking I was sooo cool! :) I also remember the time my mom spent hours making the cutest pumpkin cake for the cake walk. I remember leaving for the night to find her pumpkin cake smashed all over the sidewalk. Needless to say, that was my mom's last time making a cake for the cake walk! :) (I think she may have cried- or was close to it!!)

There was a large crowd so it wasn't the easiest pushing Kenna around in her stroller but we made it work! Our first stop was to the duck pond. McKenna loves duckies so we thought she might like to grab one herself!

Thinking about it...

Grandma decided to help!

Then Ella thought she should help!

"I can do it myself guys!"
(Notice no bow- it fell into the water!)

Stop #2- Face paint
Maybe next year McKenna!

Stop #3- Sucker Pull
(Thanks Kenna- you picked my favorite!)

Stop #4- Sugar Sticks

The theme: Night At the Movies

We went to many other games, winning lots of junk for Ella to take home to her mom and dad! :) I kept saying to my mom, "Danielle is going to love this!" Ella's favorite prizes were the blow up monkey and sword! She really liked her blue balloon sword (in the picture) until she popped it!

After games we went to the cafe for supper. My mom stopped quick at the silent auction table to make one last bid because we heard they were closing soon. When she got back she looked at me and said, "I sure hope I don't end up getting all four baskets!" Well, she ended up with two- a cooking themed basket and a chocolate themed basket! They were so big we couldn't take them home since we walked!!

We look forward to many more Hansen Carnivals down the road as Ella and McKenna will both be Hansen Tigers!

No comments: