Sunday, May 6, 2012

Easter 2012

Easter morning we before church we had our little egg hunt at home.  McKenna was excited to look for eggs.  We’ve had a lot of egg hunting practice since she makes us keep out the plastic eggs year round!!  When she got downstairs she noticed a new bike from the Easter Bunny!

eastermorning

After opening a few goodies from the Easter Bunny, as well as testing out her new bike, we let McKenna loose to hunt for eggs! 

eastermorning1

She ended with a basket full of eggs filled with jelly beans, gummies, marshmallows, and money!

eastermorning2

We met Grandpa and Grandma Lindgren, Uncle Robby, Danni, and her parents  at Village Inn for breakfast.  Uncle Robby and Danni and Grandpa and Grandma Lindgren gave McKenna Easter baskets filled with lots of candy and little things to do! 

We all then went to the 11:30 service at Nazareth, taking a couple pictures before.  I wish someone would have told me how staticy (not sure that’s a word!) my shirt was!!  It looks terrible! 

easterservice1

McKenna was anything but good during the service.   Going into it I was pretty confident that she would be well entertained since I had a bag full of activities and food, and she had just received Easter baskets with a lot of new things!  Kenna was NOT AT ALL interested in what I had.  All she wanted to do was play with the hymnals, collect all the pencils from each pew, walk/run over to where Grandpa and Grandma were, walk/run back over to us- you get the point!  It didn’t help that we got there a little early, so she started with walking up and down the pews, rather than sitting STILL next to us from the start.

In the middle of the service Pastor King invited all the children up for the children’s sermon.  I was actually kidding when I told Matt to take her up there.  Miss Independent didn’t need an escort.  The minute she saw all the kids walking up front she joined right in, not turning back for one second!  We all were amazed that she walked right up there and plopped down next to the rest of the kids.  As his sermon began my anxiety levels began to rise.  McKenna started out sitting and looking around quietly.  Then she started looking like she was going to stand up and walk around.  Then she’d sit back down and then stand up again.  The whole time I was just praying the sermon would end N.O.W.!!  I could just picture her tripping and knocking over all the beautiful flowers sitting right behind her.  I could also picture her standing up screaming for us.  Matt and I both were still 10-12 pews away, so we weren’t close enough to be able to grab her if she started acting up!!  (Next time Matt :) WILL be sitting up front so that he can intervene if needed!!)  At one point she got down from her spot and starting running up the aisle to find us- the WRONG aisle that is!  She quickly noticed she didn’t recognize anyone so she started back.  Matt got up so she could see him and then she went back and sat down next to the kids!  By this point I was just wishing she would come back to us!  The sermon was finally over and McKenna came running back with the biggest smile on her face.  I’m pretty sure she had everyone else in the entire church laughing.  I was the mother of “that kid” at church and I now was pitting out.  Just kidding on the pitting out part!  As Pastor King began his Easter sermon we quickly realized it was time for McKenna to go for a walk.  Matt took her out to run around for a bit.  I felt bad he had to miss the sermon because it was it was a very powerful and moving service.  We heard the testimony of one of the worship band leaders.  His life is the perfect example of how God works in the lives of those who let him.  His incredible story spread hope throughout the sanctuary.  It was a perfect service.  Thank you Jesus for dying on the cross for our sins!

PS-We both vow that she WILL be going to the nursery from now on.  No questions!!

After the service I attempted to take a couple pictures in front of the beautiful arrangement of flowers.  Grandma Jeanie tried helping me but we didn’t have much luck!  This girl was so wild by this point.  She would stand by the flowers, run away, lay on the carpet, run back up to them, try to run away again, etc.!!!

easterservice

After McKenna’s nap we headed out to my parent’s.  As soon as we got there we took pictures of the girls so that we could change them into their play clothes.  Ella and Lily were dressed for summer and McKenna was dressed for winter!  :)  It’s so hard knowing what to dress them in this time of the year!!

easter

Then it was time for the scavenger hunt!  Grandma made clues that the girls had to follow in order to find their presents.  The hunt first took us outside.  It was super windy and the younger two had a hard time keeping up with Ella! 

easter1

And lastly, the girls enjoyed one last egg hunt for the year! 

easter2

The rest of the afternoon was spent hanging out and eating yummy snacks.  Ella and Kenna played out in the garage while Grandpa made homemade ice cream!  We ate a delicious supper and then headed home for bed!

easter3

Another wonderful day spent with our families.  We are so blessed! 

Happy Easter!

IMG_5782

No comments: