We began March helping Camden celebrate his third birthday! McKenna had been asking since the day we received the invitation when his birthday party was. “Mom, I go to Camden’s birthday?” I’m pretty sure I heard that phrase 50 times!
Kenna was especially excited for his party because I told her she was going to get to go swimming! In preparation for his birthday and our upcoming vacation, McKenna would wear her swimming suit and life jacket around the house. She was absolutely thrilled when it was the day of his party!
Kenna was a FISH! She completely amazed us, not wanting any help. She loved floating around in the water and jumping off the side into her daddy’s arms. She even jumped in before her dad could get into the water, going completely under. Matt said it didn’t even phase her. (It’s a good thing her mom didn’t see it because she would have panicked!)
Erica planned the most adorable farm themed party for Camden. She’s a farm girl herself and had all the cute little farm details at the party. Kenna’s favorite part was the horse! Giddy-up!
Wishing Cam a Happy 3rd Birthday! We are glad we could help you celebrate!!
My high school friend, Kayla, got married right before Spring Break. I was unfortunately unable to attend her Bachelorette Party the Thursday before her wedding because McKenna was sick with the flu. There was NO WAY I was going to expose the bride and her wedding party! I was also worried I might have to miss her wedding due to being sick myself, but we luckily were all healthy over the weekend!
Kenna’s besties/daycare friends, Jordann and Eli, were also at the wedding! They had so much fun dancing and running around before the wedding party arrived at Park Place. I had Kenna wear a Scottie Dog turtleneck in honor of Kayla’s childhood dog, Pepper. Kayla was pretty much obsessed with anything Scottie Dog, so I knew that was the shirt McKenna was going to wear when I came across it in a tub of hand-me-downs!
Kayla was an absolutely stunning bride. She and Chad were so happy. You couldn’t help but have a smile on your face every time you looked at them! Their story is truly a fairytale- two Iowa kids meeting in ALASKA!
Keeping a two-year old entertained and QUIET during introductions, cake cutting, speeches, and first dances is nearly impossible. Matt and I (mainly Matt) were pretty much running around with our heads cut off chasing her. Matt decided to take her home early while I stayed a bit later with my parents!
I enjoyed being able to spend some time with a few high school friends after Kenna and Matt left. I could actually begin and end a conversation without having to interrupt it 5 times so I could run after a little blonde haired beauty!
Kimbo also looked absolutely beautiful! I’m used to seeing Kayla and Kimbo in athletic clothes, not in fancy dresses! So many wonderful memories are brought back each time we hang out. It made us miss the rest of the gang!
Congrats Kayla and Chad! We couldn’t be happier for you two!
Miss Lily Ann turned 1 on March 11th! It’s hard to believe one year has already passed since that miraculous day!
Danielle planned an adorable rainbow themed party for Lily. I was able to help her with a few minor details, but she impressed us all with getting everything together on her own. They even had majority of the party ready on Saturday!!
The Garvins had a house full of guests for Lily’s big day. It was a wonderful party celebrating such a fun, adorable, and happy girl!
Happy 1st Birthday “Yilly” Bean! We love you SO very much!!
Spring Break week was filled with a lot of fun! (See previous post!)
Since I was sick on my birthday, my family decided to turn our Sunday night grill out into a birthday party for me! The weather was in the 70s for most of the week. We were able to enjoy the unbelievable weather most of the day Sunday. I was still not feeling the best and spent most of the day laying around, but mustered up enough energy to hang out with everyone!
We were also amazed that the flowers were blooming early. It’ll be anxious to see how everything does this year since there can still be a chance of frost!
I can’t remember the last birthday I spent in Iowa in a sundress!! Our house was SO hot and I wasn’t willing to turn on the AC in the middle of March!
My family and neighbors did a great job of making my 29th birthday special. I was most excited about the rock candy bouquet because I wasn’t able to get any at the candy store in Wisconsin before we left since I was sick!
The warm weather meant it was already time for yard work! We needed to clean up the yard a bit from winter and this year we had a little helper!
Lexi, Nahla, and Jaycee turned 4 on the 23rd and we of course had to celebrate! Ella and Kenna helped blow out the candles. This year Lexi didn’t throw up her cake like she did last year!
March Memories:
*Kenna loves playing and it doesn’t matter with what! A laundry basket, fort in her bed, stuffed animals, books, babies, Little People, Barbies, Legos, kitchen, puzzles, etc. can keep this girl busy for hours.
McKenna’s new favorites are her Strawberry Shortcake “girls” and her Princess "girls”. Last summer we collected all the Strawberry Shortcake figures from Happy Meals at McDonalds. Kenna’s cousins Lexi and Ava had given her theirs this summer in Okoboji and we collected a few ourselves. I had no idea at the time that these toys were going to be played with as much as they have been! Kenna’s Strawberry Shortcake girls go everywhere with her: to daycare, to church, in her bed, in the car, to Auntie and Uncle’s, and on vacation! She carries them in a hot pink Bath and Body works zip bag so they don’t fall out! Her Princess girls also join her in the tub, in her bed, on vacation, and swimming!
McKenna’s love for Strawberry Shortcake and friends all started with a $5 movie from Wal-Mart. I had been on a Clifford DVD hunt for our vacation and couldn’t find one. As my mom and I were digging through the huge box of $5 movies we came across Strawberry Shortcake. It was about the only kid movie we could find. I had no idea if she was going to like it or not, but after watching it everyday the first week we got it, I knew it was a keeper!
The Princess dive sticks (they are for water) also have a funny story. I bought McKenna these at the beginning of last summer. In July we went to Beaver Hills for Matt’s work party. All the other kids at the pool also thought the Princesses were pretty cool. We went up for a drink and by the time we got back we couldn’t find them. I knew Kenna would be devastated, so I searched the pool high and low. I found Ariel without her fin and I found Cinderella with her hair bit off… seriously?!! We were left with Princess Frog who was actually our least favorite one, of course! At the end of the summer I saw them on sale at Target. I HAD to buy them for her! This time it was a pack with Ariel, Cinderella, and Belle! I got home to have Matt give me “the talk” for making unnecessary purchases of things we didn’t need. :) This was probably the best $6.99 I’ve spent at Target in a long time!! Who knew?!
*We tried rollers for the first time and it was a failed attempt! By the time she fell asleep five or six rollers were surrounding her in her bed, and by the time she woke up I think she had only five left in her hair! Next time we’ll do it after a morning bath so then she doesn’t have to sleep in them. I don’t blame her for taking some of them out. It can’t be very comfortable!
*Kenna’s bestie Alaina gave her a Princess tea set for Christmas this year. Tea parties have become one of McKenna’s favorite things to do, especially with her daddy! There is something about watching your husband have a tea party with your daughter that puts a smile on your face. He’s such a good sport and does ANYTHING and EVERYTHING she says!
*I’m pretty sure this girl could eat Seeyall (aka cereal) all.day.long. She requests it for breakfast, lunch, supper, and snack. We have to cut her off after two bowlfuls!
*McKenna now only has her paci at bedtime!! After Spring Break Shannon “pretended” to loose Kenna’s paci. She told her she could have a sucker if she slept without it. The first couple weeks she had a harder time falling asleep and sometimes even cried (more like whimpering). We are so proud of her for taking this first step!
*Bedtime has become a much more enjoyable time because McKenna no longer calls out for us 10 times a night! It is rare if she calls out once, and if she does it’s actually because really truly does need something!
*Watching clips on YouTube is once again a favorite thing to do for Kenna. She is now into watching Princess clips. It started after going to the movie Beauty and the Beast. This is not a movie we have in our DVD collection, so I would find clips on YouTube for her to watch! Our (yes, I said our!) favorite clips right now are from Tangled. Our ultimate favorite is “Just a Dream”. We crank up the volume and sing and dance!
*Things continue to go great in the potty department. We are working on using up the one pack of Pull-Ups I bought at nighttime. She is dry 9 out of 10 nights so I know we will be fine once they are gone!
1 comment:
I LOVE ALL the pictures. You do so many fun things :) I loved your hair from the wedding picture!! McKenna is so stinkin cute!!
Post a Comment