“Can you believe I’m 3 months old already?!” “NO, your mommy can’t! Please stop growing up so fast!”
At THREE MONTHS you weigh 13 lbs. 7.5 oz. We just switched you into size 2 diapers. You’ve been leaking out the back though at night, causing us to have to change your clothes and blankets. I’m not sure if they are too big or if we need to switch brands. You are in 3 month clothes except for sleepers which are 3-6 months.
At THREE MONTHS you continue to be a good sleeper. At nine weeks you started having an 8 hour first stretch, although this didn’t stick around for as long as we would have liked it to! Majority of the time it’s “only” 6 hours. Maybe you are having a growth spurt?! You normally get up one time to feed, usually around the 4:00 hour. Mommy likes this time because then it still allows her to go back to sleep for awhile! After your morning feed you go back to sleep about 75% of the time, again which is nice so mommy can get a little bit more sleep! (If you didn’t know by now, your mommy likes (and needs) her rest!) As for naps, we never know if it’s going to be a 15 minute nap or if it’s going to be a 3 (sometimes 4) hour nap. This can be tricky when trying to get something done or plan something!
At THREE MONTHS you continued to mainly be breastfed. You eat 5 times a day and once at night. Mommy has this pumping thing down again and will pump when she is gone or when it’s more convenient (if you need to be fed soon after we get somewhere). For the most part you take the bottle with no issues. Every now and then you fight it and/or take forever to finish. Daddy’s found that Gripe Water does the trick when you are being stubborn! You will only take 4-4.5 oz. for each feeding. We are going to change to a faster nipple to see if this helps, as we’d like you to take more! If you don’t fall asleep while nursing, you stay awake for about an hour and then will take a nap!
At THREE MONTHS you are super close to rolling over! You’ve rolled over to your back during tummy times numerous times (first time at Lily’s 2nd birthday party!) but you are getting close to “really” rolling from your back to your tummy! You spend a lot of time up on your side sucking your hand. We can hear you from the other room!! You like to suck two, if not three fingers at a time. This makes you drool like CRAZY! We’re hoping this isn’t a sign of early teething! (Notice how the monthly sticker got ruined from all of the drool!) You’ve started pulling your legs up while laying on your back and it’s not going to be long before you find your little piggies!
A THREE MONTHS you absolutely LOVE having a blanket over your face. When you are tired I can put a blanket over your face and you will fall asleep instantly! It’s a good thing you are the second child because I actually let you keep a blanket over your face! I bought Aden and Anais security blankets on Baby Steals this month so that the blanket is a little bit smaller for you snuggle with. You love to rub the blanket in your little hands and well as pull it up onto your face. Doing this makes you fall asleep- on your own!
At THREE MONTHS you have started to talk a lot more! You have the sweetest little coo. You are especially chatty after you eat. This is also when you make us smile with your huge, full face smiles! Grandpa Dan likes to give you cooing lessons. :) He loves to hold you and coo to you so that you will coo back at him. This is something he’s loved doing with all of his grandkids!
At THREE MONTHS we’ve had to start buckling you in in the bouncy seat and swing because you are a kicking and twisting machine!! You can even kick your socks off! We’ve started putting you on the floor more whether it be on a blanket, tummy time mat, or play mat. We’ve also introduced you to the Bumbo seat since you have started to try to sit up on your own. You pull your head forward when being held and it can make it awkward holding you!
(Had to post this picture. It seems as though Kamryn loves the monthly pictures as much as her mom does!)
More from this month:
Your baby shoes arrived from Great Grandpa and Grandma Petersen. These shoes are one of my most favorite gifts. They are a tradition on the Petersen side. Even Grandma Tami has a pair of her own!
The Mueske’s were in town and came to meet you! The big sisters hit it off and had a BLAST together! We wish they lived closer!!
We finally pulled out the double stroller and took her for a walk! I was surprised at how much easier it was to push! Thank goodness because our street has a pretty mean hill that is going to help kick mommy back into shape! I was also surprised at how much your sister loves it. I bought it from a family Auntie used to babysit for thinking it would come in handy every now and then. Little did I know that we’d be using it as our main stroller!
Tummy time has become hand eating time! We’ve had to start putting burp cloths below you because you drool so much and get everything so wet!
It doesn’t matter if it is one finger or two (or three!) you always love to have them in your mouth, even while sleeping!
One evening while Auntie was working we allowed your sister and cousins to have a movie night while we prepared supper. Daddy propped you up on the pillow on your tummy time mat in front of them so you could watch too!
Great Grandpa Pete and Grandma Lile came to Cedar Falls to meet you! They wintered in Texas and were dying to come visit once they got home! You are their 7th great-grandchild!
We spent majority of the weekend out at my parent’s just hanging out. Lily LOVED Grandma Lile’s cane! (She broke her ankle in January and is slowing getting back to being able to walk normally on it!)
Somebody found out that she has a tongue! You love to “suck” on it just like your daddy used to when he was a baby!
Look who else found her tongue at 3 months- your sister!!! I think you look sooo much alike in these pictures!
All swaddled up!
Grandma Jeanie’s sister Kathie came to Cedar Falls for a visit. She of course had to come over and meet you! She recently found out that she’s going to be a Grandma to a baby BOY in August! It’s the first grandson for the Blanchard women- 7 girls and now 1 boy!
You can take a snooze just about anywhere! When you aren’t swaddled you have your arms up!
You are no longer the baby of our family. Jett Daniel was born April 30th! You are a big cousin now!! You and Jett are exactly 12 weeks apart. We are so excited to watch the two of you grow up together. This photo shoot is just the beginning of many more!
Mommy FINALLY got you to take your first nap in your bed at 12 weeks old! It’s not because you wouldn’t sleep in there, it’s just because mommy was procrastinating at putting you in there! Knowing we were giving the pack-n-play to the Garvin’s the next day, I had no choice but to try it. Thank goodness you are such a good baby because you didn’t mind it a bit! (Your sister let you “have” her beloved dog, Barkers, for your nap. Let’s hope she continues to be this excited about sharing a room with you!)
Your sister has had more interest in playing with you now that you are older and show excitement when she is in the room. She left your Boo dog like this for you to see. Not sure it could have gotten any closer to your face!
Your last night in mommy and daddy’s room. An extremely bittersweet night for your mommy! You are growing up way to fast for her!
And your first night in your crib at 12 weeks and 3 days! The plan was to transition you into McKenna’s room before mommy went back to work but mommy kept dragging her feet! With mommy going back to work in three days and with Matt and Danielle coming home from the hospital and needing the pack-n-play, it was time! I loved having you in our room. You are such a quiet sleeper and I barely knew you are there. (Your sister was a loud sleeper and I would wake up at any noise she made. I was ready to move her into her crib!)
The first night was a success! Thank you for barely whimpering and not waking up your sister when you were ready to eat at 5:30!
And just like that, my baby girl is three months old. And just like that, my maternity leave is over. Tomorrow (May 6th) will be my first day back to work. It will be Kamryn’s first full day at Shannon’s and it will be the first day that I have to leave TWO girls!
I am so grateful for being able to take off 12 weeks this time around. I loved every second of being home with my girls. I loved being able to be in my jammies until 11:00 (or later!), going to Target just because at 10:00 in the morning, and participating in activities (MOPS, indoor park, etc.) that I normally can’t do because I’m working. I even became addicted to daytime t.v.!
Matt is going in to work late just so that he can drop the girls off in the morning for me. I LOVE him for that. I also love my co-worker for suggesting that I do reading testing tomorrow. This will allow for me to have a less stressful first day back. I will even be able to run to Pancheros for lunch which will make for a perfect first day back! Knowing I only have 4 weeks with kids and then another 3 days of teacher meetings is going to help me get through this new transition. I can do it!
The one thing I am NOT looking forward to…. is setting my alarm clock!
No comments:
Post a Comment