Friday, September 28, 2012

Baby News

At the end of the school year I made a list for each summer month of projects I wanted to complete.  Of course at the top of my list was getting my blog up to date!  My plan was to blog while Kenna napped. This all changed when I found out on my first day of summer that we were expecting again!!

I had two very productive weeks of cleaning each room in our house in preparation for our garage sale and then week 6 hit.  Week 6 was the beginning of extreme exhaustion!  Instead of blogging during naptime, mommy took naps too.  Instead of blogging before bed, mommy went to bed!  

Needless to say, the blog is still VERY behind, but we couldn't be more excited about baby #2!!

June 1st:

Positive pregnancy test- I decided to wait and take another one in the morning because I wanted to make sure before telling Matt!

June 2nd:

I was able to get McKenna and Lexi ready in their shirts while Matt made an ice cream run!  When he came home I had McKenna meet him at the top of the stairs with the pregnancy test.  Daddy was surprised!

bigsister2

Week 8 Picture- July 4th

8weeks

12 week appointment- July 30th

The sound of your child's heartbeat might be one of the neatest things in the world.  Seeing your child, even if it is just through an ultrasound, is also one of the most special and memorable moments in life.  We'd been waiting for this day all summer.  I hated to wish summer away, but I wanted so badly to hear our baby's heartbeat and see that everything was okay. So far things look just perfect!

8weekultrasound

August 1st:

We wanted to wait until after our appointment to share the news with McKenna and Ella.  It also felt like forever for this day to come!  I couldn't wait to share the news with McKenna.  She'd been asking for a baby brother or sister for some time now and I was anxious to see how she would react.  Would she be excited?  Would see seem to really get it?

We decided to give her a present, complete with a big sister shirt, tutu, Princess book, and Princess dive sticks.  I knew she wouldn't be into the outfit, so we had to find something fun also.  I looked and looked for a big sister book but couldn't find one anywhere!

(Unfortunately the first video was too large to post.  I'm going to keep working on getting it uploaded!)

I love that we have this moment on video!

Take 2

After opening her present we dressed her up in her big sister outfit and walked down to the Garvins to tell the girls!

Big Cousins and a Big Sister!

IMG_0182

Week 12 Picture- August 4th (almost 13 weeks)

12weeks

August 7th:

We shared our news at work which means the word is officially out!

announcing

Pink and blue goodies with a picture of the big sister to be!

announcing1

Week 16 Picture- August 31st (almost 17 weeks)

Daddy wasn't home so we had to set up the camera and use the timer!  I didn't want to wait because I was afraid I would forget again!  My camera takes three pictures in a row when using the timer, so Kenna and I decided to start dancing with the "clicks".  She thought it was funny!

Lexi would NOT get out of the picture.  I promise she was not posed in any of them!  I guess she was feeling a bit left out!

20 week appointment- September 24th

  Matt and I were once again taken back as soon as our baby came on the screen at our ultrasound.  We both stared in amazement of the changes in just 8 short weeks.  God has created the most precious human being and we are the lucky ones that get to call this life our second child.

We were the last appointment of the day so we were able to spend a little extra time oohing and aahing over our baby.  I'm pretty sure we could have spent all day watching baby move his/her tiny little fingers, his/her mouth open and close, as well as trying to figure out if we were having a son or daughter!

The ultrasound tech told us before we began that it had been an all boy day.  I guess only God knows if our baby is going to follow the trend!

On a side note- the Chinese birth chart says boy....  We shall see! :)

Week 20 Picture- September 25th

I can't believe this pregnancy is already half over!  I've been blessed with another healthy pregnancy with not a whole lot to complain about.  My favorite part of the day is when I finally lay down in bed and get to feel baby move.  It's seriously the best thing to end my day!

We're praying for another healthy 20 weeks, safe delivery, and smooth transition into a family of four in February!

3 comments:

Jenna Grover said...

what a blessing - loved reading about it all. and your baby bump is adorable! hope to see you soon!

Brenden Family said...

Happy you are back in action!! Love the pictures, love your belly :)

Unknown said...

Love this post!! Can't wait to find out too!!!