Thursday, June 30, 2011

Play, Play, Play!

McKenna loves to play!  It doesn't matter if it is by herself, with Lexi, or with us, she just loves playing!  

We had to keep the plastic Easter eggs and basket out long after Easter was over!  I had already put them away but she kept requesting to play with them, so I pulled them back out!   

Little Miss Creative- A Hat!


Baby must wear a helmet while being pulled around in the sled!


McKenna loves playing on her laptop!  She knows how to turn it on and off as well as push the right keys to make animal sounds!

McKenna loves making matches.  She grabs the plastic baggie that they are in and asks one of us to "dump it".  I am amazed at how fast she can find ALL the matches! 

When she first started (months ago) we would give her hints on where the matches were by waving our hand around the area it was located.  Now McKenna does this for us!  It is too funny!

Playing with "My Georgie" and her babies are a daily occurrence for McKenna.  They have all started to join her during bedtime now!



For her birthday she received a John Deere farm (which NEVER stays together-ugh) and a Fisher Price Little People Doll House.  These two toys have become some of McKenna's favorites.  I love to sit back and watch her play by herself.  I about died when I saw her setting up the people just perfectly (something her mom would do!) so I ran to grab my camera!


Watching McKenna play with Lexi puts a huge smile on my face!  When we were trying to decide what kind of dog we wanted to get three years ago we knew we wanted to get a dog that would be good with kids.  I had a yellow lab growing up and although I was a bit too young to remember Lady, I know she was a wonderful dog for our family.  I am SO happy we decided to go with a lab, even though she sheds (I'm over it!)!!  Lexi just lays there while McKenna jumps on her, lays on her, and occasionally hits her!  The two love each other and that makes me happy! :)

McKenna decided Georgie and Glow Worm would like to lay on Lexi too!

At a garage sale this spring I picked up a little booster seat to have as an extra in case other kids eat at our house.  McKenna decided to take it over as her toy!


The little John Deere tractor was also a birthday gift.  It gets played with daily as well!  McKenna's been into changing her babies and Georgie's diaper for awhile now.  The other day I walked into the living room to find this!  Now horsey, cow, lamb, and Farmer Pete get to have their diapers changed!!

Chalk!  This girl could play with chalk for hours!  At first I wasn't a chalk fan because I didn't want her to get dirty... yes, I just said that!  I've gotten much better and know it is good for kids to get dirty! :)  McKenna loves "drawing" people.  The neighbor kids and Ella also love coming over and "chalking" with her!
 

This post makes me a bit sad because it reminds me that my baby girl is growing up!  (And way too fast!!!)  Watching her and her little imagination amazes me.  I just wish I could see inside her little brain to see what all is going on in there!!

No comments: